Alliance City Schools

A stock photo of a mother and her two children



You have the right to know about the teaching qualifications of your child’s classroom teacher in a school receiving Title I funds. State of Ohio law requires that any local school districts receiving Title I funds must notify parents that they may ask about the professional qualifications of their child’s classroom teacher. These qualifications include:

  1. Whether the teacher has met the Ohio teacher licensing criteria for the grade level and subject areas in which the teacher provides your child instruction.

  2. Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or temporary status that waives state licensing requirements.

  3. The undergraduate degree major of the teacher and any other graduate degree or certification (such as National Board Certification) held by the teacher and the field of discipline of certification or degree.

  4. Whether your child is provided services by instructional paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.

You may ask for the information by phoning 330-821-2100, extension 1224. Or you may fax or e-mail your request to 330-821-0202 or email Kim Reber at Be sure to give the following information with your request:

Child’s full name

Parent/guardian full name

Street Address

City, State, Zip Code

Teacher’s name

En Espanol