This program is currently unavailable at this time. Future classes to be announced.
Program Name: Medical Assisting
You Will Learn:
- Basic anatomy, physiology, applied mathematics and applied microbiology
- Administrative functions, basic practice finances, managed care/insurance, legal implications and ethical considerations
- Protective Practices
- Medical terminology, diagnostic coding, and effective communication
Length of Program:
900 Hours (9 months)
8:30 AM - 3:30 PM Monday - Thursday
5:00 PM - 9:30 PM Monday - Thursday
Urgent Care Facilities
General Medical & Surgical
Outpatient Care Centers
Ambulatory Healthcare Services
How much you can earn?
ESTIMATED STARTING PAY:
$23,830- 28,730 Yearly
Students will be trained in all areas that are necessary as a Medical Assistant. Coursework includes, Anatomy & Physiology, Medical Terminology I & II, Math, English, Law & Ethics, Computer Skills, Psychology, Child Abuse, First Aid, CPR and Human Diseases. After meeting eligibility requirements, students, will work at a local facility for 300-hours of hands-on clinical experience. Upon successful completion, students will be eligible to take the RMA Certification Exam and Phlebotomy Certification.
$8099.00 Including all books, supplies, graduation fees, industry certifications (including CPR), and insurance
- Career Coaching (optional).
- Application and Fee.
- Entrance Exam.
- Admittance (upon satisfactory entrance exam results).
- Interview with Teacher/ Coordinator
- Two-step Mantoux TB Test
- BCI (state) and FBI (federal) background check
- Physician Release
- Current Health Care Immunizations
Certification is available through the American Medical Technologists (AMT). Certified excellence in Allied Health. Upon completion of the Medical Assistant program, students will be eligible to take the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) certification and National Center for Competency testing (NCCT) Phlebotomy certification.
Alliance Career Center is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education, 7840 Roswell Road, Building 300, Suite 325, Atlanta, GA 30350. Telephone: 770-396-3898, Fax: 770-396-3790, www.council.org.
This ACC program is approved by the Ohio Department of Higher Education.